Anxiety and Depression CBT Group
February 24 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Six consecutive Monday sessions starting February 24.
Is this program for you?
This program is for anyone who would like to make positive changes in their life by learning tools and strategies to effectively manage anxiety, depression, stress and worry.
Participants must be committed to attending the 6 sessions and completing weekly wellness assignments.
Note – Attending all session is ideal, however patients can still participate and benefit from the course if they are not able to attend all sessions.
What will I gain by participating?
Some benefits you may gain through active participation in this program are:
- An opportunity to focus on wellness and personal growth
- Concrete skills for managing feelings of anxiety, depression, stress and worry
- Anxiety and depression psycho-education
- Insight about personal triggers
- Encourages personal skill building and self-efficacy
- Promotes self-management and relapse prevention
- A safe and supportive environment to connect with people having similar experiences
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
CBT is an empowering therapeutic approach based on the model that thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and behaviours are all connected (i.e. what we think influences what we feel).
CBT strategies work to cultivate more constructive thoughts, beliefs and behaviours. Through this process we gain the tools and strategies to improve the way we feel and interact with our world.
Does it really work?
CBT is an evidence-based approach that has been extensively researched.
CBT is regarded as one of the most effective approaches for anxiety and depression.