Protect your Future
The West Durham Family Health Team follows Cancer Care Ontario Guidelines for cancer screening.
Contact the West Durham Family Health Team if you require one of the following:
Pap test - recommended for women every three years who:
- are 21 to 70 years of age
Please visit the Cancer Care Ontario Cervical Screening page.
- Canadian Screening guidelines recommend a Mammogram every two years for women who are between the ages of 50 and 74 years. Now is the time to have a mammogram if you have never had a mammogram OR if it has been over two years since your last mammogram.
Please visit the Cancer Care Ontario Breast Screening page.
Colon cancer screening - Please visit the office to pick up your screening package if:
- you are between the ages of 50 and 74 years
- it has been more than two years since you have had this screening.
Please visit the Cancer Care Ontario Colon Cancer Screening page.
Childhood immunization - schedule for children:
- 2,4,6,12,15,18 months and 4-6 years of age. To ensure that your child's immunizations are up-to-date, please make sure to bring your child's Immunization Record to every office visit.
- Click here for list of vaccines.
- See also: A Parent’s Guide to Immunizations
Adult immunizations - Are You Up To Date?
Now is the time to consider some other recommended adult vaccinations.
|Influenza||Everyone 6 months and older, annually|
|Tetanus||Everyone, every 10 years|
|Pheumonia||Age 65 and over|
|Herpes Zoster (Shingles)||Age 50 and over|
|HPV||Males 9-29 years, Females 9-45 years|
Flu shots - Please contact our Family Health Team office:
- If you have received the flu shot elsewhere so we can update our records.
Please visit the Immunize Canada home page for more information.
If you have any questions about these tests or immunizations, please contact our Family Health Team.