Cardiovascular disease includes diseases and injuries in the heart blood vessels and the blood vessel system (veins and arteries) in the heart and brain.
Some examples of CVD are (click to learn more about each):
Fortunately the rates of heart disease and stroke have declined 25% over the last decade. Click here for a quick tip sheet to help lower inflammation related to developing Cardiovascular Disease.
Heart Healthy Cook Books
- Heart Smart Cooking for Family and Friends, Bonnie Stern
- Crazy Plates, Janet and Greta Podleski
- Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking
- More Heart Smart Cooking with Bonnie Stern
- Cooking Vegetarian, Vesanto Melina and Joseph Forest
- Simply Heart Smart Cooking, Bonnie Stern
- Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen
- Full of Beans, Violet Currie and Kay Spicer
- Lighthearted Everyday Cooking, Anne Lindsay
These health links are provided solely for your information and convenience. When you link to an outside Web site, you are leaving the West Durham Family Health Team site and our privacy policies no longer apply. The West Durham Family Health Team does not review or control the content of the suggested Health Links.
Please note that the health information contained in the suggested web sites are for your interest only. The information provided should not be taken as actual health advice. The views and information provided are not a substitute for visiting a healthcare professional.