Statement of Information Practices
Collection of Personal Health Information:
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of the care you received during visits to our offices or visits with West Durham Family Health Team clinicians. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information:
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you,
- Get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others),
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations,
- Conduct risk management and quality improvement activities,
- Conduct research,
- Compile statistics,
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
You may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions).
- We take steps to protect your personal information from theft, loss, and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protect your privacy and only use your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
How to contact us:
Our privacy contact person is Andrea Petroff.
For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact us at:
1105 Kinsgston Road, Building E, Suite 200B, Pickering, ON L1V 1B5
Tel: (905) 420-9999
Fax: (905) 420-6458
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Tel: (416) 326-3333
Fax: (416) 325-9195